Landlords Gas Safety Certificates CP12

Landlords Gas Safety CP12 ensures that any gas appliances, fittings and flues within a rented property are safe for use by the tenant.  This CP12 is a legal responsibility by the landlord to undertake annually using the services of a Gas Safe registered engineer.

At ABC we offer directly employed, experienced Gas Safe trained engineers to carry out your annual servicing and landlords gas safety checks, to provide the CP12 certificate.

Landlords Gas Safety Inspections

Gas Safe Register took over from Corgi as the new HSE approved scheme for the registration of Gas Engineers.  At ABC, all our engineers are Gas Safe Registered.landlords gas safety - gas-safe-logo-large

ABC can provide your annual Landlords Gas Safety inspections and certificates for your rented properties.  We cover all types of Boilers, Fires and Cookers.  Use the contact form opposite to book your Landlord Gas Safety Certificate and boiler service or call us on 01425 477777. 

What are my responsibilities for Gas Safety as a Landlord?

As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety.

In 1996 it became law that all Landlords who rent part or all of a property, must ensure ALL gas appliances, associated pipework and flues are checked and certified for gas safety every 12 months.

All gas appliances, pipe work and flues must be kept in good working order and repairs carried out where required.

You have duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to have maintenance undertaken by a Gas Safe engineer for pipe work, appliances and flues which have been provided for your tenants use.

You must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

You must keep a record of the gas safety check for 2 years minimum and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed. A copy of the current certificate must be provided to any new tenants prior to them moving into the premises.

What are my duties as a letting/management agent in relation to gas safety?

landlords gas safety - gas hobLandlords who use agents to manage properties need to ensure that the management contract specifies who is responsible for carrying out the maintenance and safety check duties, and keeping associated records.

If the contract specifies that the agent has responsibility then the same duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 that apply to a landlord apply to you.

Does the regulation apply to hotel accommodation?

The landlords duties, including the maintenance and safety check provision, apply to any relevant gas fitting as defined in Regulation 36 (1).

The definition refers to premises occupied under lease or a licence.  The term licence extends the scope of requirements beyond leased property to a wide range of other residential premises including hotels.

A hotel should display (for inspection by guests) a landlords gas safety record covering all relevant appliances within the premises

Do I have to use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer?

Yes, the regulation states that Landlords must only use a Gas Safe Registered engineer to carry out any safety checks, repairs and maintenance on gas appliances.

To check that the engineer is competent to undertake work on certain appliances, check the reverse of their Gas Safe ID card to see covered appliance categories.

What is included in a Gas Safety Inspection?

ABC has fully qualified experienced engineers to undertake your Landlords Safety Checks and the following will be carried out as part of the inspection.

Which gas appliances do I have responsibilities for?

As a landlord, any gas appliance that you own and provide for the tenant's use is included in your legal duties.

If a tenant has their own gas appliance that you have not provided, then you have responsibilities for parts of the associated installation and pipework but not for the actual appliance.

For more information visit the HSE by clicking this link.

If you are a landlord and have gas appliances which have not had an annual Landlords Gas Safety Certificate call us on 01425 477777.

landlords gas safety - emergency callouts landlords gas safety commercial plumbing services landlords gas safety air conditioning maintenance9 landlords gas safety planned preventative maintenance landlords gas safety gas repair and maintenance

landlords gas safety CHECKATRADE

facebook Twitter
logo Accolade Building Care
call us on 01425 477 777
Powered By Intergage |